Used as a primer for marine steel structures, bottom areas and steel structures in industrial areas, etc.
- Surface Preparation 1) Prepare surface in accordance with SSPC-SP10( “Near White, SIS Sa 2 1/2). 2) All prepared surfaces must be free of re-rust, oil and any other contaminants.
- Environmental Conditions 1) Air temperature : -18 ~ 35℃ 2) Surface temperature : -18 ~ 50℃ 3) Relative humidity : Up to 85% 4) The surface temperature must be at least 3℃ above the dew point to prevent moisture condensation.
- Application equipment 1) Airless or conventional spray, power mixer. 2) Airless spray Tip size – 0.019~ 0.025inch Output pressure – 2100psi /143atm 3) Conventional spray A moisture and oil trap in the main supply line and mechanical pot agitator are essential. 4) Thinning ratio : About.10%(airless spray)
- Safety Precautions 1) Keep away from heat and open flame. 2) Avoid contact with skin and eyes. 3) Keep adequate ventilation during application. 4) Avoid breathing of vapors or spray mist.
- Finish – Flat
- Color – Silver, Oxide red
- Applied over – Blasted steel
- Specific gravity(25℃) – Approx. 1.28(kg/L)
- Components – 1
- Volume solids – About. 47% (ASTMD2697)
- Recommended dry – 50~75㎛ film thickness per coat
- Theoretical coverage – 9.4m2/L(@D.F.T 50㎛) *Allow for application losses and surface irregularities
- Drying time 10℃ 20℃ 30℃ Dry to touch 1.2hours 40min 30min Dry through 10hours 5hours 5hours To topcoat 10hours 5hours 4hours *Drying time is dependent on temperature and wet film thickness.
- Thinner – Superthinner 200(21℃ below) Thinner034(21℃ above)
- Flash point – 31℃(SETA, ASTM-D-3278)
- Temperature resistance – 66℃
- Shelf life – 6 months (from manufacture date when stored indoors at 5~38℃)